The aims for which The Garden is established are as follows:
- To work with the people of Goytre to bring about a Community Garden for the benefit of the whole community regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, class, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or political or other opinions.
- To improve the Garden Area which is the land behind Capel Ed Church, Goytre, and the existing borders and planting spaces within the Church grounds.
- To manage and maintain the Garden Area for the benefit of the people of Goytre.
- To protect and promote the green spaces, amenities and the environment.
- To work with the local councils and any other local organisations, professional or voluntary, for the benefit of all community gardeners.
- To promote and encourage a community spirit through gardening.
- To promote equal opportunities within the community and especially to engage with younger people.
- To promote and develop a culture and opportunities for growing food, cooking and sourcing local products.
- To provide information to all members and regularly consult with them using a variety of means as decided on by the Committee.